SLIME CARE FAQ
Guidelines for Slime Maintenance
With proper care, your slimes can maintain their quality for several months. However, it's important to note that, over time, slimes may naturally lose their initial consistency due to the composition of slime ingredients.
To ensure your slime remains in good condition for as long as possible, follow these steps:
- Wash your hands before handling slime and play on a clean surface to prevent debris or bacteria from contaminating your slime.
- After play, store your slime in an airtight container in a cool environment.
- Regularly reactivate your slime by using the included slime activator.
What is Slime Activator and How Does It Work?
Slime activator is a solution of borax diluted in water. It is essential for creating and maintaining the proper consistency of slime through a chemical reaction.
Each order includes a bag of borax powder and instructions for creating a slime activator to remedy sticky slime. Simply add a teaspoon of the activator to your sticky slime, knead it until you reach your desired consistency, and avoid over-activating your slime. When handling borax, it's advisable to wear gloves.
How to Fix Sticky Slime
Sometimes, your slime may become stickier than desired, particularly in warm weather. To restore it to the desired consistency, add a small amount of activator and knead until you achieve the desired texture. Be cautious not to overdo it, as excessive activator can result in a stiff slime.
I Spilled Slime on My Carpet – What Should I Do?
To tackle stubborn slime stains, create a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and cold water. Test the solution on delicate surfaces first to ensure it won't cause damage. Spritz the mixture onto the stain, then use a soft brush to work on any residue. Finally, use a clean wash cloth to absorb any remaining liquid until the area is clean.
How to Fix Stiff Slime
Slime can become stiff and hard, especially in colder months due to its ingredients. Don't worry; there are easy fixes:
- For opaque slimes: Add small amounts of unscented lotion to the slime and knead until you achieve the desired consistency.
- For clear slimes: Store the slime in an airtight container in a warm place for a few days to allow the slime to soften and regain its original texture.